Sustainable Sharon Coalition (SSC) Kids is a group of elementary-aged kids who are working together to learn earth-friendly choices and to build a more sustainable community. If your child is interested in joining, please sign up!
SSC Kids is underway!
Monday July 12, 3:30-4:30pm – SSC Kids Meeting – Please sign up here
The kids are connecting with each other, making t-shirts, and talking about ways to engage in sustainability. So far, their initiatives include:
- Office supply recycling through Terracycle – SSC Kids put collection boxes in each of the schools in Sharon for the last 2 weeks of school and prevented used supplies from going in the trash. We plan to build on this initiative.
- We joined Neponset River Watershed Association for a cleanup of Lake Massapoag on June 12
- The kids will have their own trash pickup at Ames Street Fields and Playground on July 24. Join us!
- Upcycled Art Event – SSC Kids is making plans to create artwork from materials that would otherwise go in the trash. Join us!
- The kids are collecting broken crayons to melt and create new ones so they can keep using them rather than throwing them away.
- Tree planting is something the kids hope to engage in soon!
Not a kid but want to support SSC Kids?
The kids are learning about environmental health and have quickly identified the significance of trees in supporting life on earth. To this end, they plan to plant more trees in the Sharon community. Please consider helping by donating to cover the cost of a quarter tree, half a tree, or a whole tree. We welcome donations in any amount and appreciate the support of our environment and our kids! You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for other ways to get involved.